Why is it that everyone on this planet, at one (or two, or three, or four...) times follows the status quo?
Why do we mimic the world in small ways, yet rebuke and judge each other for mimicking the world in "big" ways?
Why is it that we so easily accept what we've been given and never challenge ourselves to seek truth?
Why do we treat our bodies and spirits like trash and than feel so frustrated when we aren't respected?
Why is there no hope in our culture?
Why are we so selfish?
I'm so frustrated by all these questions. I read God's word and it's so contrasted by what I see in my everyday life. From myself and the people around me. I see fear, I see anger, I see me, me, me, mine, mine, mine. I see instant gratification seemingly effortlessly thrown in my face. I see disrespect and hatred for one another. I see dissension. I see lust. I see insecurity. I see "just do it," "do what tastes right," "obey your thirst" and "have it your way."
I see the world.
It's kinda gross to me at the moment. It makes my stomach twist and my chest tighten up. It must've been the most glorious masterpiece before the fall. But sin slithered it's way in and disgraced everything that the Lord had made. And now we're left with a desolate land filled with all kinds of evils. Some of which have been consider ugly and hidden until just recently. Now it seems that we flaunt it for the world to see.
Look at my car, my body, my new music, my third husband, my child that wasn't meant to be yet anyway. Do you know how God sees all those things? God says, look at how Man desires stuff more than Me. Look at how they desecrate my holy temple. Look at how they use the talents I've given them to put blasphemy and immorality to a good tune. Look at their sexual immorality strewn all over the billboards and tabloids. Look at those beautiful babies that no one wanted to watch over because it was "inconvenient."
It's disgusting quite frankly.
Jesus came and tried to show us with all His might that our way doesn't work. He tried so hard to drive this point home to us that He
died.
Not only that, but He suffered in death.
And what do we do to show Him our gratitude?
We covet, we steal, we worry, we lie, we engage in every kind of evil.
And not only that, but those of us who recognize all this evil afoot, don't do squat about it.
Because why?
we. are. afraid.
Because doing something about it would put us on the map. On display. Laid bare.
It would require rising above the status quo and being confident in it.
It would take courage and effort. :O *gasp*
It would take sacrifice. A church word. It means to give of yourself.
Noooo... because that would be difficult. And life can't be difficult. Right? How can you "have it your way" when life is difficult?
It's time to step it up. It's time to make them wonder what you've got. It's time to be bold and brave and joyful and beautiful when everything sucks. It's time to listen. It's time to rejoice. It's time to build up and tear down. It's time to fight.
Pray. Read. Love. Raise the bar.
Because that's what Jesus did.
"You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be." John 8:23,24
"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; anyone who love his son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me; and anyone who does not take up his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me." Matthew 10:37, 38
No comments:
Post a Comment