16.8.10

[talkin' life over]...

The world is broken and I can't fix it.

But what I'm realizing is that it was never one of God's commands to be the ones to do that.

No matter how much I hope, pray, and crave life and redemption for one of the broken, it's ultimately God who reaches them.

I find it frustrating that I could be a blameless sinner who was perfect in every way, yet no matter how hard I tried, I'd never physically, emotionally, and spiritually change another person.  But doesn't that sound familiar? I can't imagine how He felt when His sandals trudged on earth's dirt paths. I can't fathom the incandescent love that He has for us, that He would hold open hands to us with this incredible sacrifice and promise of life, yet give us the choice to reject it completely.  
What an unextinguished love that He's given us the chance to embrace!  I mean, if you really sit and peruse over God's grace, it's unfathomable. Imagine pouring out your heart to someone that you love and then having them silently ignore or openly reject you.  I wonder how God rests when there are so many lost. So many that He continues to woe and call, but so many that will never hear His voice. And so many that think they're the good soil, but are choked out by the thorns of worry.

Do you think God pursues the people that He knows won't choose Him?

I believe God does. God is awesome beyond comprehension, yes?

We are in His image. We must do the same.  Love knowing that a lot of the people we love may never see the Light.  Love knowing that they will curse and blame God the rest of their lives regardless of what we say.  Love knowing they will live eternally apart from God's grace and acceptance no matter how hard we pray for them.

So, loving others isn't really about the other people.  God's hand is already upon them, tugging at them. I'm just a tool. Everyone has their own connection with God, be it passionate, cordial, strained, or non-existent. Loving people changes me, just like prayer.  God doesn't need me to be anyone's guardian angel.  He's bigger than that.  He wants me to love others because it the most incredible way for me, and the people in my sphere of influence, to get closer to Him.  It's the process of sanctification.  God is moving and working through each of us, through each other.

But in the end, it's just me and God; you and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment