Yeah, tried to sleep. Too much to think about. What's the sales tax in Arizona anyways? (:
Sorry. Okay brain. Let's get untwisted.
You know what I find interesting? The fact that a lot of the people in the bible died before the things promised to them from God were even fulfilled. Not many of them were actually blessed with the opportunity to see the product of their perseverance first-hand. No doubt they got to see it from the bleachers, but not from earth.
It's interesting that I cling at all to my dreams and desires here on earth when I most definitely will never come to a place where I actually feel fulfilled and sanctified. No, no, that is what Jesus means when He says to build up treasures in Heaven and when Paul says to "fix your eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, for what is seen is temporary and what is unseen is eternal."
So if I'm not supposed to focus on achieving my goals on earth, what's left for me?
I think the point I'm trying to make is that Jesus wants us to GO regardless of what it's going to get us. Don't go thinking it's where you'll settle and make life as good as you can. Don't go thinking that your whole world will fall apart if you don't get to where you thought you might like to be. And don't not go because something is making you fearful or doubtful.
I think sometimes God just wants us to move. Pick a direction, if I hit a tree, I try another way. All while having faith that He'll show me when the tree's coming so I don't hit it too hard. That could leave a mark and an hardened heart. Enjoying life with loved ones in the meantime. By that people will see God's work in me, because I trust Him to lead me through the forest. It's just a deep breath and baby steps. Goodnight.
1 comment:
this one was good. :) love, kristen! i read a lot of them!
Post a Comment