I had to go outside to grab something out of the car and I was pleasantly surprised when I realized what a pretty morning it was. I lingered in the back yard, surrounded by junk and trash and the place I live called the desert, but it was all so beautiful to me for some reason. I was listening, as a lover does. And I heard Him. I heard Him in the wind that blew and the scoot of an airplane across the cyan sky. My attention went to a bird singing the prettiest song I've ever heard. Birds are special to me because they always remind me of the passage in Luke 12 about the sparrows. Not one of them is forgotten or falls to the ground without the Lord knowing. My Lord was reminding me, once again, that I'm taken care of and that "the hairs on my head are numbered" and He watches out for me. In vain, I asked Him to show me one of the birds I was hearing. I was asking for proof of the truth He was already reminding me of. I waited but nothing happened for a good five minutes. I smiled at my inadequacy and foolishness. I knew I needed to have faith and not test God. But just as I stepped to the back porch, my eyes caught the sight.
Beautiful wings against a crisp morning sky.
What makes this story awesome, and I choose to keep it between my Savior and I, is what I had requested the night before.
Let me just say this, God answers prayers however He feels that they should be answered.
Sometimes it's not how you expect and sometimes it's speechlessly more.
No comments:
Post a Comment