6.4.10

remembered.


As I sit here in my pj's and striped knee socks, my mind wanders to the events of the day. . .
A lazy morning, running errands around town, hitting the gym only to be gawked at . . .again, a monstrous pile of junk mail, good music in the car on the way to school, Ms. Runee's life lessons from Lion King, waxing pits and brows, shocking an awesome friend by telling her I was only 17, hearing an hour long lecture about how scary State Board is, all the way down to a midnight casserole party for one and a warm mocha by the fire.  I wonder . . .
How many people did I effect today?
How many effected me?    
When I'm gone, will any of those passersby remember me?
What I did?    
Who I was?
Will the old man I said good morning to at the grocery tell anyone about me?
Will the lady I see every time I go to the gym acknowledge my presence next time?    
Better yet, will I remember any of them?  

I missed a chance today to be Jesus to someone today and I doubt I'll ever get the chance with that person again.
How will I be remembered when I'm off and on to my eternal life?
Will I have changed anyone for Jesus?
I watched a little boy ponder the decision to accept Christ this weekend.  He's going to influence his whole family.  Just a boy. 
Suddenly, 
                                                        he's so much more than just a boy.

There are three things I've discovered that I want to be remembered for:
My work, produced by faith.
     My labor, prompted by love.
           And my endurance, inspired by hope. 

I want to work, labor, and endure just so that someone might see that Jesus' faith, hope, and love lives inside of me.  Those all pair up so nicely and they all result in something holy.  Good old hard work.  It's great when Jesus' got your back and your burdens.  It enables me to live a fearless life of passionate love for the things and people that God's put in my life.

It enables me to worship in work,
                                   and thrive in trouble,
                                              and be free in the truth that is engraved on my heart.

It's            amazing.            And              it's             more              real              than             ever.

Remember THAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment