19.4.10

faith.

" . . .being sure of what [I] hope for and certain of what [I] do not see." (Hebrews 11:1) What ever happened to faith that was complete?  Hope that meant something? A while ago, Pastor Tom was talking about how the phrase "Not my will, but Yours be done" is used as a crutch nowadays.  I can't count how many times I've said it just because I wanted to 'let God know' that it was okay if I didn't get what I wanted.  

What I was really telling God was that I was scared and selfish about the outcome of my circumstances.  

I tried to shove my lack of faith out of His sight.

But God is all-knowing.
He's gentle about it; like a mother is with her newborn.
He treats me like porcelain in His fingertips.

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him. . . Therefore . . . let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of God." Hebrews 11:6, 12:1,2

It amazes me how simple God's plan is, yet how many facets and perspectives are revealed through His word.

Whenever God gives me new insight into something I get excited, but all He's really ever doing is simply showing me
another way that He loves.

For the joy, He suffered.
     For me, He endured a cross.

He is the One who began this work in me and I have complete faith that He will finish it.  
I hope in seeing Him, because I know with all my heart that I will one day.
All I have to do is keep running.

No comments:

Post a Comment