I hate running. I was on a dance squad from elementary school on into Jr. High. I remember days that I would have just finished a measly run "around the church" followed by a six hour practice with hundreds of breaks and I'd plop myself in the car and tell myself that I'd never go back, but I did. I hated it, yet now I miss it. I ran full out today for 20 minutes straight, which is a big deal for me because I get short of breath really quickly and my chest gets super tight after just a few minutes. I've never felt such a lust to keep going like a did today. It comes from within me now, it's a discipline and a battle that the Holy Spirit is helping me to overcome. Not just with exercising, but with all aspects of my life. It's my turn and I've realized that I must push and push and push, even past where my heart starts aching just so I can reach my goal. "Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." I Corinthians 9:26&27
I don't hate running so much anymore. I love having that control over my body. I love being able to push past the temptation to quit. Thank you Jesus. {{<3}}
No comments:
Post a Comment