I've been challenged lately to seek God with a whole new perspective on that concept.
We'll start by discussing my first attempt.
I took it the direction of knowing God through things.
"God can be seen, I see Him in you, I see Him in the trees, I see Him in the creation all around me. Yet, I’ve never seen His face. I can’t trace the contours of His face in my head, I can’t feel His rough and beaten, hole-filled hands, I can’t look in His untraceable eyes and see the yearning and aching for lost souls that Jesus feels. Then how, you say, can you know God?"
Yes, I've learned so much.
Yes, I've increased my knowledge of the scriptures.
But did I really, truly, increase my knowledge, understanding, and insight about the God who wrote them?
What are those words there for but to push me towards that exuberant love for my Savior?
"The greatest knowledge we can have is knowing God
treasures us." -Francis Chan
I'm afraid after all my seeking, that truth hasn't been pounded into my head much at all.
So. Like a good man tells me often . . . No dwelling in the past. Only progress. :)
I'm promising myself and my God, this very day. That I will from now on, seek to be attached to Jesus' hip, no only learning from Him, but always remembering that He treasures me above all of creation. He knew me before I was created! He knows the depths of the deepest part of my being, even better than I do. When I pray, He already knows what's going to come out of my mouth. He designed the situation I am in for me especially. He is my lover, Father, and friend. No one can take His place in my story because He's the very reason that I have one. He's bigger than I can ever imagine. That will not discourage me or frustrate me because I know that I will never reach the bottom of His magnificent love and devotion to a wretch like me. I will not have to fear what is coming or what has been, because my Jesus is the alpha and the omega, the author and perfecter, the designer and the finisher.
When Jesus said He came to bring us life, and life to the fullest, He was serious.
Dead on a cross serious.
"Isn't it great to worship a God we can't overexaggerate?" -Francis Chan
No comments:
Post a Comment