7.1.10

far.

Have you ever just felt far away?
Out of the grand scheme of things?
On the outskirts?
Maybe just left out?
Almost like you're missing something that everyone else seems to be getting?

Maybe you know what it is you're missing, yet you refuse or are simply too lazy to take the steps to experience it.  Maybe you've been apart of a purpose, but you gave up, bailed out, forgot.


I know I have.


I've given up on my Jesus as many times as He was scarred on the day His blood spilled for me.


I've forgotten what it felt like to be loved by a God who loves me more than the very depth of the universe.  I've left behind a Savior who left only a bloody tree behind as He took His throne in Heavenly robes.


I've sold out to the world.  I've run so far away from Him that there were times I doubted He would come for me.


But He did.


And He does.


And He always will.


Every time I run.  Every time I fear.  Every time I doubt.  He holds His hand out. He remembers.  He has courage.  He gives love, grace and mercy. He extends and offers something that surpasses all the things that we think separate us from Him.  He goes so far past them that they're soon forgotten all together.


His grace. His love. It all reaches past every one of
                                                                              Our fears.
                                     Our worries.
                                                                                                                        Our longings.
                                                                        Our doubts.
                                             Our selfishness.
                                                                                                                                 Our debt.
Our sin.
Period.


He offers all He has to give us the one thing we lack.
Life.


So then why do we run? Why do we fear? Why isn't time with Him the most important thing in our busy schedules?  Why are His words tossed around as "just a book?"  Why do we shout His name in church, yet shout at a brother in selfish rage?  Why do we forget?


Complacency.
We take Him for granted.  We do like our fathers and our mothers.


We feel entitled, deserving, prideful, holier than . . .  After all, we are better than so-and-so.  We don't do this and this. We go to church.  We pray occasionally.  We deserve a life that lasts forever.  We deserve it easy.  We deserve it fun.  And we deserve it now.


False.


We deserve death, no matter how we try and slice it.  A "little" sin leads to death. A "big" sin leads to death.
We lie.  Death.  We covet.  Death.
We lust.  Death.  We fear.  Death.
We worry.  Death.  We forget.  Death.
We deserve it and we bring it on ourselves every moment of everyday.


If Eve didn't eat it, one of us would have.

If we deserve Hell and we're offered a way out, why do we doddle on the fence of insecurity?  Even seasoned Christians can find themselves wandering.  What can we do to stop complacency and chase after a
   holy
fearless
     daring
righteous
      crazy
passionate
       pure
fiery
                 satisfying
                 joyful
wild
                    purposeful
adventurous
                  fulfilling
rock-a-rolling
   Jesus centered lust of a life?


Yes. It's hard.  Yes. It's difficult.  Yes. It will cost your life.  But what's mere life compared to a lifetime spent in love with the creator of that waterfall, these canyons, those skies, that man, and this girl?  Who would turn down an invitation from a perfect Lord?


Yet           don't         we          do          it             every         day?


I guess I'm just wondering why.



"Come near to God and he will come near to you" James ch. four v. eight.


"She will chase after her lovers but not catch them; she will look for them but not find them." Hosea ch. two v. seven.


"Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"" Matthew ch. fourteen v. thirty one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it is good to read your blog - it makes me humble and filled with the love of God. Thanks - I am so glad that Jesus has filled you with such inspiration. Grandma

Anonymous said...

love it lolli! thanks for the reminders I need them!!!! my favorite of your blogs so far!
love mom

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying all your blogs! thank you for spending the time to publish these and give inspiring words. :) God bless you! Love, Kristen

Post a Comment